According to the plans of the insula in Notizie degli Scavi, 1897, (pages 14, 269 and 460) the doorways on the west side of the insula were numbered with Roman numerals, this doorway was shown as No. IV.
VI.15.22 Pompeii. September 2005. Looking east towards entrance doorway.
According to Della Corte, the name on an amphora with its contents which was found here, was –
See Della Corte, M., 1965. Case ed Abitanti di Pompei. Napoli: Fausto Fiorentino. (p.62)
According to Epigraphik-Datenbank Clauss/Slaby (See www.manfredclauss.de), it read -
Lac bes lixa vet(us)
C(ai) Terenti Paul(li)
LXXXIV s(emissem) [CIL IV 5648]
VI.15.22 Pompeii. July 2008. Looking west towards latrine and downpipe.
Photo courtesy of Barry Hobson.
VI.15.22 Pompeii. July 2008. Upper storey latrine. Photo courtesy of Barry Hobson.
VI.15.22 Pompeii. September 2005. Looking east towards tablinum, with window.
According to NdS, this small house had walls coated with rustic plaster, with a high dado of brick plaster (mattone pesto).
On entering the house, on the right, was the kitchen.
On the extreme lower right of the above photo would be the stairs to the upper floor.
The perfectly preserved remains of an upstairs latrine were discovered on the upper floor.
The doorway in the wall on the right leads to a room where a human skeleton was found on 26th June 1897.
Opposite the doorway, on the left, was a small garden.
The doorway on the left leads into a room, the triclinium, with a window onto the garden.
See Notizie degli Scavi, June 1897, (p.272-3)
Another human skeleton was reportedly found in a room on the south side of the atrium on 17th June 1899.
See Notizie degli Scavi, June 1899, (p.235)
According to Hobson, there were two upper storey latrines discovered in Reg. VI, one in VI.15.20, the other here in VI.15.22.
See Hobson, B., 2009. Latrinae et foricae: Toilets in the Roman World. London; Duckworth. (p.75)
VI.15.22 Pompeii. September 2005. East wall of triclinium, with window to light-yard/garden.