PompeiiinPictures

  

 

 

 

Back
Home
Up
Next




VI.15.13 Pompeii. Side entrance to shop or workshop.

Linked to VI.15.14 and VI.15.15. Excavated 1898.

 

In Notizie degli Scavi, January 1897, plan on p.14, this shop was not yet shown.

In NdS, June 1897, (p.269), it is seen as an unnumbered doorway. 

In NdS, November 1897, (p.460), it has been renumbered as VI.15.13.

See Note on Region VI, Insula 15 plan for information.

 

VI.15.13 Pompeii. December 2007. Looking north on Vicolo dei Vettii.

VI.15.13 Pompeii. December 2007. Looking north on Vicolo dei Vettii. 

 

VI.15.13 Pompeii. September 2005. Looking west to entrance doorway.

VI.15.13 Pompeii. September 2005. Looking west to entrance doorway.

 

VI.15.13 Pompeii. December 2007. North wall.

VI.15.13 Pompeii. December 2007. North wall.

 

 

VI.15.13 Pompeii. December 2007. West wall in north-west corner.

VI.15.13 Pompeii. December 2007. West wall in north-west corner.

 

VI.15.13 Pompeii. December 2007. West wall in south-west corner with doorway to large rear room.

VI.15.13 Pompeii. December 2007. West wall in south-west corner with doorway to large rear area.

 

VI.15.13 Pompeii. September 2005. Doorway to large rear room.

VI.15.13 Pompeii. September 2005. Doorway to large rear area.

 

VI.15.13 Pompeii. December 2007. South wall.

VI.15.13 Pompeii. December 2007. South wall.

 

VI.15.13 Pompeii. September 2005. Looking east across large rear area, with dolium to the north of the doorway from the shop. According to Jashemski, the garden, excavated in 1897, lay immediately behind the shop. It could be entered either from the shop or from the long passageway that led from the street to the atrium of the VI.15.14.
There was a large dolium embedded in the garden, to the north of the door from the shop. See Jashemski, W. F., 1993. The Gardens of Pompeii, Volume II: Appendices. New York: Caratzas.(p.158)

VI.15.13 Pompeii. September 2005.

Looking east across large rear area, with dolium to the north of the doorway from the shop.

According to Jashemski, the garden, excavated in 1897, lay immediately behind the shop.

It could be entered either from the shop or from the long passageway that led from the street to the atrium of the VI.15.14.

There was a large dolium embedded in the garden, to the north of the door from the shop.

See Jashemski, W. F., 1993. The Gardens of Pompeii, Volume II: Appendices. New York: Caratzas.(p.158)